A perpetual GeoStudio license allows you to use the software indefinitely. However, there are some conditions that may apply to using your license:
- If your perpetual license is for a legacy version:
- You are not entitled to any technical support.
- There is no assurance that the license will work on newer operating systems that the license was not designed for.
- If your license has an expired software maintenance:
- You may only use it with a version of GeoStudio that was released during active maintenance.
- Some types of support assistance may require a processing fee.
Even though your perpetual license can be used indefinitely under the above conditions, your license data will expire annually and require renewal. This is a security feature built into the license. In the event that a security vulnerability allows the license to be pirated, after the vulnerability has been addressed the pirated licenses will expire. The valid license holder will be able to update their license perpetually.
30 days prior to your license data expiring, we will publish updated license data for the next year.
If your license is an online activation license, the software is designed to automatically update the license data if an active internet connection is available.
If your license is a certificate license, requiring a new license file, you can download the update by entering your serial number on our license lookup utility.