In this article we explain why your license USB dongle may not be recognized by your computer and how to resolve this problem.
- A dongle is a serialized hardware key attached to a USB port on a computer.
- A dongle is used to limit or lock software access to whomever has the dongle attached to their system through the associated license file.
- Use of a dongle based license require three components:
- The physical dongle attached to a USB port.
- The proper dongle driver installed on the computer.
- A license file that matches the host ID on the dongle.
- When the computer successfully recognizes the dongle, a red light will illuminate on the key.
- Your dongle driver may be out of date, an incorrect version, or missing.
- Your dongle may be deprecated and need replacing.