This articled explains the composition of and the information contained in your GeoStudio serial number.
The serial number may also be referred to as the Activation ID.
- Your GeoStudio license serial number is presented in the following form:
- The serial number may also be referred to as the Activation ID.
- This portion of your serial number represents the customer number that the license belongs to.
- It includes the first four digits.
- This portion of the number does not usually change when the license is updated.
- You can use this portion of the number to reference your account when communicating with GEOSLOPE sales or support staff.
- An entitlement specifies what features belong to the license.
- It includes the next six digits after the Customer Number.
- Features can be a single product (i.e. SLOPE/W) or a bundled package of engineering features (i.e. GeoStudio Pro).
- All features included in the entitlement are checked out when the license is in use.
- This has an impact on a floating network license when the entitlement is for a bundle.
- For example, the GeoStudio Core bundle groups together SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, and SIGMA/W under a single entitlement number.
- If a network client checks out the bundle, but is only using the SLOPE/W feature, the other two features are also checked out and unavailable for use by someone else.
- This portion of the serial number number will not change when the license is updated.
- The entitlement line number tracks information about the entitlement that can change over time.
- It includes the next six digits after the Entitlement Number.
- Some of these include license expiry date, software maintenance expiry date and host ID.
- Every time this information is updated, the entitlement line number will change.
- This number is a random computer generated number that is used to provide extra security when performing license operations.
- It includes the last four digits of the serial number.
- This portion of the number will also change when the entitlement line item changes.
- This portion is optional when entering in a serial number for lookup or activation.