In this article we explain the process for installing a standalone license using the online activation method.
Installing an online activation license requires the following:
- An internet connection that allows outbound traffic on port 80.
- The serial number (or activation ID) for your license.
- Launch GeoStudio and choose the 'Help' | 'Install a license...' menu option.
- Enter your serial numbers in the dialog box.
- The activation process may take a few moments, as indicated by the progress bar.
- Once the activation process finishes, your licenses are available for use.
- If your license requires an update, GeoStudio will automatically download the update information as long as you have a working internet connection.
- There is no license file associated with an online activation license. The data is stored via encryption directly on your hard drive.
- Uninstalling GeoStudio does not uninstall any licenses.
- If you uninstall GeoStudio and forget to return your license, the activation still resides on the computer.
- If you have uninstalled GeoStudio and the activation is still on the computer, you can simply re-install GeoStudio to access and return the license.
- Major changes to the computer's hardware can invalidate the activation. First, return the license before making such changes.