In this article we explain the different GeoStudio license modes and how to select them.
- The "Best available license" mode was introduced in GeoStudio 2018 R2.
- GeoStudio license modes are selected on the 'Start Page':
- When you select a feature-limiting license mode, the bottom of the 'Start Page' will display an appropriate notification:
The various license modes are:
- Best available license:
- This mode will enable all "Full licenses" that you are entitled to use and "Basic licenses" for others.
- This license mode will not enable "Student" or "Viewer licenses".
- Full license:
- This mode will only enable "Full licenses" available to you.
- "Basic", "Student", and "Viewer licenses" are not available.
- Basic license:
- This mode will only enable the GeoStudio "Basic licenses" you are entitled to.
- Student license:
- This is a feature restricted license mode that is free to use.
- It is built into GeoStudio.
- It does not require a separate serial number to enable.
- Viewer license:
- This mode allows access to all engineering analysis types in a read-only context.
For a full description of GeoStudio license mode features, please refer to our Licensing Options page.