Sep 20, 2023
This article explains your options for running GeoStudio on an Apple Mac.
- Running GeoStudio on an Apple Mac is unsupported.
- We do not test running on this platform.
- If you were able to run GeoStudio on an Apple Mac in the past, there is no guarantee it will continue to work in the future.
- GeoStudio is exclusively a Microsoft Windows application.
- Seequent / Bentley do not publish a native macOS version of GeoStudio.
- To run GeoStudio on macOS, you will need to use an option that allows Microsoft Windows to run on the computer.
- Seequent / Bentley do not provide assistance with getting Windows or GeoStudio running on a Mac.
- Boot Camp allows you to install the Microsoft Windows operating systems that work directly with the hardware on the Mac.
- Because this is essentially a “pure” Windows installation, there are no restrictions to installing and using GeoStudio.
- Please refer to Apple support for assistance in using Boot Camp:
- This method can be used with GeoStudio standalone licensing.
- GeoStudio licensing does not currently support FlexNet USB, activation, or node-locked licenses on virtual machines running on a Mac.
- GeoStudio may run on a MAC client running a Windows virtual machine if you are using FlexNet floating licenses hosted on a network license server.
- The following are some virtual machine solutions for running Windows on macOS: