Sep 28, 2020
This article explains your options for running GeoStudio on an Apple Mac.
- GeoStudio is exclusively a Microsoft Windows application.
- GEOSLOPE does not publish a native macOS version of GeoStudio.
- To run GeoStudio on macOS, you will need to use an option that allows Microsoft Windows to run on the computer.
- GEOSLOPE does not provide assistance with getting Windows running on a Mac.
- Boot Camp allows you to install the Microsoft Windows operating systems that work directly with the hardware on the Mac.
- Because this is essentially a “pure” Windows installation, there are no restrictions to installing and using GeoStudio.
- Please refer to Apple support for assistance in using Boot Camp:
- This method can be used with GeoStudio standalone licensing.
- GeoStudio licensing does not currently support USB or activation node-locked licenses on virtual machines running on a Mac.
- GeoStudio will run on a MAC client running a Windows virtual machine if you are using floating licenses hosted on a network license server.
- The following are some virtual machine solutions for running Windows on macOS: