Nov 05, 2020
In this article we outline the process for setting up network licensing in GeoStudio.
- This process assumes the host operating system is Windows 10.
- This process assumes you have sufficient rights to change settings on your computer.
- If your license manager uses a port outside the default range, you will need to know the port number.
- Start GeoStudio and choose the 'Help' | 'License Management' menu option.
- Select 'Network Settings' from the pane on the left:
- Ensure that the 'Enable network (floating) licenses' check box is checked.
- If the check box is disabled, click on the 'Edit Settings' button at the bottom of the dialog box. This will enable the check box.
- Click on the 'Add' button to create a new license server entry.
- If your license manager uses a non default port, begin by entering the port number followed by the '@' symbol.
- Enter either the name or the I.P. address of the license server.
- For example, the following shows what we would enter if the license server name is '
license'and the port number is
- After entering the server information, click on the 'Test' button.
- After testing that the connection is successful, click on 'Apply' and close the License Management window.
- Your network licenses are now available.