In this article we explain the process for returning a standalone license using the online return method. Returning a GeoStudio license makes it available for activation on another computer.
Returning an online activation license requires the following:
- An internet connection that allows outbound traffic on port 80.
- Launch GeoStudio and choose the 'Help' | 'License Management' menu option.
- Select 'Available Licenses' from the pane on the left. This will display a list of activated GeoStudio licenses on the computer.
- Some licenses have entitlements for multiple GeoStudio products. These will all have the same serial number. Returning one product will return them all.
- Left-click on the license you want to return.
- Click on the 'Return' button.
- The dialog box will indicate when the return has successfully been completed.
- Once the license has been returned, it is available for re-activation on another computer.
- There is a time sensitive limit to the number of returns you can perform. Refer to the following link for more information:
Activation License Returns Explained
- If you exceed the maximum number of returns available, GEOSLOPE support can assist you.
- There is no license file associated with an online activation license. The data is stored via encryption directly on your hard drive.
- Uninstalling GeoStudio does not uninstall any licenses.
- If you uninstall GeoStudio and forget to return your license, the activation still resides on the computer.
- If you have uninstalled GeoStudio and the activation is still on the computer, you can simply re-install GeoStudio to access and return the license.
- Major changes to the computer's hardware can invalidate the activation. First, return the license before making such changes.