Completely Removing / Uninstalling lmadmin
Sometimes when uninstalling lmadmin, you want to ensure that all components are removed. The standard uninstaller may leave some items behind. This article will outline the steps you need to take to completely remove lmadmin.
*Please note that this article assumes the GEOSLOPE lmadmin license manager is the only license manager installed on the computer. If any other license managers are installed on the computer, these steps may affect their proper operation. Care should be taken to ensure you have a proper back-up of the system before performing these steps.
- If you have licenses activated on the computer, follow the steps to return those licenses.
- Uninstall lmadmin normally.
- Ensure the following folders are deleted:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GEO-SLOPE.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher.
- Using the registry editor (the following should be done with care and by someone familiar with editing the registry):
- Back up your registry.
- Delete the following registry entries if they exist:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macrovision\FlexNet Publisher.
Your computer should now be in a state as if lmadmin was never installed.