In this article we explain the error message error message:
This error is typically encountered when upgrading or installing a new version of GeoStudio and can be seen in the 'License Management' dialog box.
- Using any given GeoStudio release requires a license with valid software maintenance.
- Software maintenance entitles you to use any new release of GeoStudio during the active maintenance period.
- Software maintenance also gives you access to priority technical support for installing and using the software.
- When software maintenance expires, renewal is optional.
- If you want to use the newer version of GeoStudio, you will need to renew the software maintenance for your license.
- If you do not want to renew your software maintenance, you will need to install an older version of GeoStudio that your license supports.
- To identify and download a version of GeoStudio that your license supports, enter your serial number in the Find My License online tool.
- This will return information similar to the following:
- In this example, the software maintenance for this license expired at the end of February, 2019.
- This license cannot be used with any version of GeoStudio published after that date.
- This license can be used with any version of GeoStudio published on or before that date.
- Now, refer to the GeoStudio Alternate Downloads page.
- To the right of each version will be the software maintenance date required to run that version.
- Download an installer for a version that meets your maintenance requirements.
- In the example above, the license is entitled to use any version published on or before February 2019.
- GeoStudio 2019 version 10.0.3.18569 (or any earlier release) meets that requirement.