In this article we explain the process for returning a network license using the online return method. Returning a GeoStudio license makes it available for activation on another computer.
- This process assumes the host operating system is Windows Server 2019.
- An internet connection that allows outbound traffic on port 80.
- Launch LicenseInstaller. LicenseInstaller is a program that is installed during the lmadmin installation.
- From the pane on the left, choose 'Move licenses'.
- Click on the 'Return Licenses...' button.
- The next window will list the activation licenses available on the computer.
- Some licenses have entitlements for multiple GeoStudio products. These will all have the same serial number. Returning one product will return them all.
- Left-click the serial number(s) you want to move to the new license server and click on the 'Next >' button.
- The dialog box will indicate when the return has successfully been completed.
- Your license(s) is(are) now ready for activation on the new license server.
- There is a time sensitive limit to the number of returns you can perform. Refer to the following link for more information:
Activation License Returns Explained
- If you exceed the maximum number of returns available, GEOSLOPE support can assist you.
- There is no license file associated with an online activation license. The data is stored via encryption directly on your hard drive.
- Uninstalling lmadmin does not uninstall any licenses.
- If you uninstall lmadmin and forget to return your license, the activation still resides on the computer.
- If you have uninstalled lmadmin and the activation is still on the computer, you can simply re-install lmadmin to access and return the license.
- Major changes to the computer's hardware, or re-hosting a virtual machine, can invalidate the activation. First, return your licenses before making such changes. Refer to the following link for more information:
Installing GEOSLOPE software in a Virtual Environment