In this article we explain explain problems that arise when using an out-dated license manager with a newer version of GeoStudio. You may receive the following warning message when installing GeoStudio:
- Both the lmadmin license manager and GeoStudio rely on underlying licensing technology (the license 'toolkit) to communicate with one another.
- The license manager can serve licenses to GeoStudio clients that have a toolkit version number equal to, or less than its own version number.
- At times is becomes necessary to update GeoStudio and lmadmin license toolkits.
- Unless both are updated, you may experience this warning.
- You will typically experience this message when installing GeoStudio 2016 version 220.127.116.1121 (or later) while using a license manager earlier than lmadmin 9.
- Since this is only a warning, you can bypass this message and continue installing GeoStudio by checking the 'Disregard license status warning, and continue with upgrade' check box.
- Although you can continue installing GeoStudio, you may still have a problem with getting licenses from the license manager.
- Upgrade your license server to lmadmin 9. Please refer to the following article for upgrade instructions:
Installing or Upgrading to lmadmin 9